I received a Ph.D. from the Institute of Fine Arts (NYU), with a specialization in Italian Renaissance art. My scholarly interests also include the history of dress. I am a Fellow of the American Academy in Rome.
- Ph.D., Institute of Fine Arts, New York University
- M.A., Institute of Fine Arts, New York University
- A.B., Smith College
- "Ecclesiastical Architecture and the Religious Orders in Naples," in Marcia Hall and Thomas Willette, eds., Artistic Centers of the Italian Renaissance 1300-1600: Naples (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2017), 101-170.
- "Rethinking Savoldo's Magdalenes: a 'Muddle of the Maries?'" California Italian Studies 5 (2015), 175-203.
- Review of "Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology," Metropolitan Museum of Art, Italian Art Society Newsletter 27:3 (2016), 9-10.
- Review of Writing Fashion in Early Modern Italy: from Sprezzatura to Satire by Eugenia Paulicelli, caareviews.org (2016).
- Review of "Piero della Francesca in America," The Frick Collection, caareviews.org (2014).
- "Inside Out: Fortuny’s ‘Delphos’ and the Renaissance Camicia," in Laurinda S. Dixon and Gabriel P. Weisberg, eds., Making Waves: Crosscurrents in the Study of Nineteenth-Century Art (Turnhout: Brepols, 2020), 231-239.
- Co-author (with James H. McGregor), A Documentary History of Naples: The Renaissance 1400-1600 (New York: Italica Press, 2019). Print and Kindle.
- Co-author, A Documentary History of Naples: The Renaissance 1400-1600 (New York: Italica Press, forthcoming 2019).
- Review of “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination,” Metropolitan Museum of Art, Italian Art Society Newsletter 29:3 (Fall 2018), 2-4.
- Summer Teachers Institute in Technical Art History (sponsored by the Kress Foundation), Institute of Fine Arts (NYU) Conservation Center, 2011
- Seton Hall University Provost's Fund, 1995
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Seminar, Rome, 1990
- ACLS Grant, 1989
- The Frick Collection, Curatorial Fellowship, 1985-1988
- Florence Waterbury Fellowship, Institute of Fine Arts, 1983-1984
- Kress Triangulation Fellowship, American Academy in Rome, 1981-1983
- Bernard Berenson Fellowship, Institute of Fine Arts, 1980-1981