Anne Hewitt, Ph.D.
M.H.A. Program Director and Professor
Department of Interprofessional Health Sciences and Health Administration
Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus
Since joining Seton Hall University in 2000, I've taught many diverse courses in both the MHA and MPA program including strategic planning, health management, health policy, community health, emergency preparedness, and global health and program evaluation. I also serve as faculty for the MHA internship and practicum courses. My current research interests focus on community health planning, health policy at the state level, the social causes of health disparities and integrating new e-learning technologies into graduate education. In 2005, I founded the Seton Center for Community Health to serve as a resource to the local community.
- PhD, Temple University
- MA, Immaculata University
- BS, Otterbein University
- Incident and Disaster Management Training: Collaborative Learning Opportunities Using Virtual World Scenarios (Book Chapter)
In E. Asimakopoulou & N. Bessis (Eds.) "Advanced ICTs for Disaster Management and Threat Detection: Collaborative and Distributed Frameworks," Hershey, PA: IGI Global, June 2010
- Emerging Community Approaches for Eliminating Health Disparities: A Preliminary Investigation of Commonalities and Differences (Book Chapter)
In Jennie Jacobs Kronenfeld (Ed.), "Social Sources of Disparities in Health and Health Care and Linkages to Policy, Population Concerns and Providers of Care (Research in the Sociology of Health Care)" 27, 265- 275, United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishin, August 2009
- Expanding CERC Beyond Public Health: Sharing Best Practices with Healthcare Managers via Virtual Learning, Presented at the Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication for Pandemic Influenza Webinar, December 2008
- Applications in Practice: A Guide for Health Administration Programs (Book Chapter)
In "Promoting Civic Engagement in Healthcare Management Education: Concepts and Cases", May 2006
- Aligning Community Hospitals with Local Public Health Departments: Collaborative Emergency Management (Book Chapter) In M. Hamner M., S. Stovall, D. Taha. & S. Brahimi (Eds.) "Emergency Management and Disease Response in Public-Private Partnerships," Hershey, PA. IGI Global, 2015.
- Addressing Health Disparities: Understanding Place in the Role of Social Determinant Interventions (Book Chapter) In J. J. Kronenfeld, (Ed.) "Social Determinants in Health Disparities and Linkages to Health and Health Care" (Research in the Sociology of Health Care,) 39, 23-29, United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2013
- Fifteen Years of Progress: Interviews with Authors from the 2001 JHAE Special issue on the State of Online Education in Health Administration. Journal of Health Administration Education. 2015 32(4).
- A Survey of Health Management Online Programs: Commonalities, Differences and Future Trends. Journal of Health Administration Education. 2015, 32(4). Incident and Disaster Management Training: An Update on Using Virtual World Scenarios for Emergency Management Training. International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism (IJCWT). 2014, 3(2). 1-21.
- Director, Seton Center for Community Health (2005)
- American Lung Association Dissertation Award (1993)
- JFK Medical Center Award 2015-2016 - Community Health Needs Assessment to the Seton Center for Community and Population Health.
- Special Guest Editor, Journal of Health Administration Education, Fall 2015
- Newspaper Editorial (Distance Education Becoming the Norm).Courier News. Sept. 6, 2015.
- Program Reviewer, New Jersey and New York, 2015-2016