Admission Requirements Accelerated Second Degree B.S.N.
To be considered for admission to this undergraduate program, applicants must submit a completed application and:
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or WES evaluation (or equivalent);
- All transcripts from all colleges/universities attended;
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all college/university courses completed prior to admission;
- All ESL applicants to the accelerated 2nd degree program must have taken the TOEFL within the past 5 years unless degreed from a U.S. accredited college or university. Any applicant must achieve a total score of at least 84, along with a minimum reading section score of at least 22, listening score of at least 22, speaking section score of at least 26, and writing section score of at least 24;
Students must have completed the following program pre-requisites prior to admission:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II with labs (8 credits) *
- Organic Chemistry with lab (4 credits) *
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits) *
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Nutrition (2 credits) *
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Ethics (3 credits)
*Grades for these courses must be a C+ or better and must have been completed within the last 5 years.
The application opens each fall and the deadline for completed applications is April 1st. You can find the application on NursingCAS.org. ***For the 2020 Application Cycle the deadline has been extended until June 1st. ***
Prior to enrollment in clinical courses, accepted students must complete Joint Commission and OSHA requirements for immunization, medical history, liability insurance, criminal background check and competencies including the American Heart Association Certification course for CPR (BLS for Healthcare Professionals).