Saturdays October 7 and October 14 from 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Need to ramp up your social media skills? Curious about how to use the various channels available? This two day boot camp is designed for those new to social media who need to understand these tools in greater depth. Designed as hands-on workshops and held in a computer lab, participants will gain a working knowledge of social media tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Basic word processing skills such as copy and paste
- Understanding of how to navigate the Web and email
Day 1 - Introduction to Social Media, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat
Social media gives us the ability to get our message to an unlimited audience in a quick, targeted and efficient manner. During this session we will discuss what social media is and some of the ways it is being used. In addition, this session will introduce participants to the popular social media tools Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat. Participants will gain hands-on experience in utilizing these platforms as well as discuss how they are effectively leveraged to promote brands, products and services.
Day 2 - Introduction to Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram
This session will introduce participants to the popular social media tools Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Participants will gain hands-on experience in utilizing these platforms as well as discuss how they are effectively leveraged to promote brands, products and services.
At the end of Day 1 participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast how Facebook and LinkedIn are used in practice
- Use LinkedIn to promote your professional life
- Compare and contrast the messaging platforms Twitter and Snapchat
- Use Twitter to keep up with and promote live news and events
- Choose Hashtags and @ mentions to their best effect
- Define specific use-cases for Snaps, Story and Chat
At the end of Day 2 participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast how Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram are used in practice, including how to build a network of followers, types of content and target audience
- Use Facebook pages to promote a brand
- Use Facebook ads to promote content
- Categorize content into boards on Pinterest
- Convert Pinterest clicks into potential sales
- Choose Instagram content that promotes your brand
If you are interested in enhancing your personal and professional brand through social media or if you are a small business owner who wants to learn how to use social media to increase the visibility of your business, this course is for you!